Palmer Community Health works in conjunction with the Palmer Lutheran Health Center to provide babysitting classes for children ages 10 to 15. The course is fun and fast-paced with hands-on activities, videos, role-plays and lively discussions.
Participants will learn to:
- Supervise children and infants
- Perform basic child-care skills such as diapering and feeding
- Choose safe, age-appropriate games and toys
- Handle bedtime and discipline issues
- Identify safety hazards and prevent injuries
- Care for common injuries and emergencies such as choking, burns, cuts and bee stings
- Communicate effectively with parents
- Find and interview for babysitting jobs
In addition, participants will receive excellent materials to help them be prepared and professional, including a Babysitter's Training Handbook — full-color handbook filled with great information and resources to use in class and on the job that includes emergency reference guides, babysitting organizing tools and a printable activity booklet with games, crafts, songs and recipes, a resume template and more.
Watch the website for upcoming dates or call 563-422-9763 for more information on the next class.