Palmer Community Health is a contributing partner in Fayette County’s iWALK, International Walk to School. More than promoting getting together with children and going for a walk to school iWALK’s focus greater aim is to bring forth permanent change in communities across the globe.
- encouraging physical activity by teaching children the skills to walk safely.
- identifying safe routes to school.
- showing the benefits of walking.
- raising awareness of how walkable a community is and where improvements can be made.
- raising concern for the environment.
- reducing traffic congestion, pollution, and speed near schools.
- sharing valuable time with local community leaders, parents, and children.
Funding for this program has been made possible by Iowa Department of Public Health to 12 communities within Iowa. For more information or for ways to be involved, contact Palmer Community Health at 563-422-6267 or visit http://www.iwalktoschool.org/