Auxilians promote the welfare of Palmer Lutheran Health Center through various activities, including:
• Provide tray favors for hospital trays.
• Fundraisers including bake sales, cookbook sales, raffles, book fairs, and gift case sales.
• Hospital Week employee recognition.
• Volunteer Week recognition.
• Much More!
In addition to hospital activities, the Auxiliary organizes and participates in health-related community projects, including:
• LifeServe Blood Center of Iowa Local Donations
• PLHC Auxiliary Scholarships to Health Career Students from North Fayette
• Iowa Hospital Association Auxiliary Convention (Hosting & Attending)
• CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
• Palmer Memorial Foundation Support Through Memorial Donations
• Annual “I Feel Good” Walk/Run
Auxiliary Meetings- Auxiliary meetings are held the second Monday of each month at Palmer Lutheran Health Center. Following the meeting, members play cards (500) and make rag rugs.
To Join- Meet new friends and have fun while giving back to the community. A yearly donation for membership will be accepted. Contact president Sharon Schroyer, 563-422-5558, for more information on how you can help.
Recent Auxiliary Purchases for Palmer Lutheran Health Center
• OB Family Center Renovation
• OB Birthing Consultation Room Refurbishing
• Birthing Room Decorating
• Electric Breastpump
• TVs for Family Rooms and Hospital Rooms
• Four Geri Chairs
• Electric Beds
• Dietary Oven
• Warming Trays
• Photo Albums for Parents of Newborns
• Window Treatments
• Magazine Subscriptions for Waiting Rooms
• Purchase of & Maintenance of Gift Case
• Laundry Carts
• Emergency Room Carts
• Room Divider Curtains
• Automatic Doors
• Oncology Room Furnishings
• Sleep Sacks
• Hospital Use Camera