The Physical Therapy Department provides services for a variety of patients from pediatric to geriatric. Services are available for various injuries and illnesses for both individuals in the hospital, as well as those needing services on an outpatient basis. The staff also makes regular visits to area nursing homes, schools, and work with Palmer Homecare for home care clients. Our licensed Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants are trained in the use of modalities and rehabilitative procedures with the goal of returning individuals to the highest level possible in a reasonable time frame. Some of the services offered are for stoke patients, post-operative therapies such as hip and knee replacements, sports injuries, arthritis, burns, worker's compensation, back injuries, lymphedema, pediatric, etc. Please call 563-422-9729 for further information about services available.
Tip of the Month: Speech Therapy
Millions of infants, children, & adults in America suffer from a communication or swallowing disorder. Whether it’s a difficulty in swallowing or a disorder such as stuttering, delayed language, or a voice problem, a person’s ability to learn & interact with others can be affected.
Speech Therapists assist people, from infants to elderly, who may have difficulties with the following: voice, oral-motor coordination, speech, language, reasoning, swallowing, reading, and cognition.
Diagnosis or conditions that can benefit from speech therapy:
- Stroke - cognitive-communicative impairments (i.e. attention, memory, abstract reasoning, or problem-solving deficits), swallowing, oral-motor coordination.
- Head or neck injury/cancer – difficulties swallowing, voice quality problems
- Parkinson’s disease – speech articulation & fluency difficulty such as dysarthria & difficulty swallowing.
- ALS – difficulties swallowing & expressing themselves
- Multiple Sclerosis – difficulties swallowing & expressing themselves
- Autism – social interaction & communication
- Developmental Delays – articulation, feeding, communication, & following directions